BuddhaHand Stone

EACH SELECTED STONE IS NATURALLY SHAPED BY HUNDRED OR THOUSAND OR MILLION OF YEARS

BY THE FORCE OF WATER AND WIND. AND NO TWO STONES ARE ALIKE.

THE BUDDHAHNAD IS INDEED ONE OF ITS KIND IN THE WORLD.

“Develop an attitude of gratitude and give thanks for everything that happens to you"

NOTE: This blog is setup for my 15" notebook at screen resolution 1280 x 768. If you have problem viewing this blog, you can TEMPORARY adjust the fonts and display on your screen by pressing CTRL + SCROOL your mouse middle roller button UP and DOWN at the same time.

Click here : INTRODUCTION - BuddhaHand

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ah Boy And Kuan Yin Statue

I would like to share with you this very interesting story I was told back in July 2009.

One afternoon I went hiking up Bukit Jambul near my apartment. At the hill top a Chinese lady approached me and said, "aren't you the guy in the Kwong Wah paper on the BuddhaHand?". I said,"yes". She graped my hand and took me to the bench. She told me she had a story for me.

This is how the story goes.......

One late afternoon, Ah Boy mother was very anxiously waiting for her son to come back for dinner. She was waiting at the front door to look out for Ah Boy. When Ah Boy was sighted at the gate, she scream at the top of her voice.

Aiyooo....Ah Boy where did you go? She was shouting this and that as she was angry with the son for being irresponsible. You see Ah Boy came back from the foot field with dirt and sweat all over his shirt. His mother was furious as he was out whole day after school. He didn't come back early to study and did his homework.

Then Ah Boy opened his mouth and said, "I am HUNGRY".
That made his mother even more angry.

Now, the mother wanted to teach and punish the son.
She came up with an idea.

She ordered the son to kneel down in front of the Kuan Yin's altar and told the son, "when OK I would call you for dinner or IF not no dinner for you".

The mother went to the kitchen to do her cooking and left the poor son kneeling in front of the Kuan Yin statue.

When she finished cooking, she came out and saw the son sitting very comfortably at the dinner table waiting for his dinner to be served.

"Ah Boy who asked you to get UP?", screamed the mother at her top of her voice.

Ah Boy very calmly told the mother that the Kuan Yin did!

Mother, mother when you asked me to kneel in front the Kuan Yin, I looked at the Kuan Ying and she looked at me.

Ah Boy said, "I looked at her righthand gesture, I noticed she "hand signal" OK to me to get up. So I got up like you said ma!"

The End.

What this lady was trying to tell me was Ah Boy can "see" what we adult misses out.
I could not blame her as I too only saw the hand gesture at 49 years of age.
I bet, she must be very happy to relate the story to me.
I mean what is the chances for me to bounce onto her if not for the story in the press.
Coincidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment